Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Book Review: Fablehaven, by Brandon Mull

 Book Review of Fablehaven - Brandon Mull


Other Worlds' Rating: 7 of 10 stars

Seth and Kendra Sorenson visit their grandparents while their parents go on vacation, and, expecting a boring vacation, are pleasantly surprised. They find that their grandparents are the caretakers of a magical preserve, Fablehaven, and they meet and interact with magical creatures.

I enjoyed this book. However, I did find that it was a fairly slow starting book - the beginning dragged a bit and it took a while for me to get into the book. Once I was into it though, this book was a definitely a page turner. It was fairly difficult for me to put it down near the end.

I feel like the book presented a unique idea - which is refreshing in the often repetitive fantasy genre. The characters were unique, albeit with familiar characteristics. I feel like the writing is pretty good too, especially since this is Mull's debut novel. The novel features an ending battle which was both unexpected and awesome, pitting the forces of good against a demon released from imprisonment.

I would recommend this read, and would say that if you're having a hard time getting through the beginning of the book, just push through. The book is really quite good and is worth it in the end.






No comments:

Post a Comment