Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Book Review: Star Wars: Revan by Drew Karpyshyn



Book Review of Star Wars: Revan - Drew Karpyshyn

Other Worlds' Rating: 8 out of 10 stars

Alright, well, just to warn you, this review is coming from a huge fan of the Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic games. I loved the games - both of them. So this review may be slightly biased.

I really, really liked this book. That said, the ending was really pretty sad for me, and it's hard to say whether I felt like this book was a let down or not. One thing I really liked about it is the fact that Karpyshyn remained completely true to his characters in this book - I felt like all of the characters acted exactly how they should have, and that this book wasn't created simply as a giant billboard for the new game, Star Wars: The Old Republic.

However, one thing I think this book did well was that it gave good insight into the world of the new Bioware game without being overly "preachy" about it. It revealed many things about the setting of the new MMO that was just released, but I didn't feel like I was being told to buy the game throughout the whole book.

In summary, this book is really pretty good, and really fun. However, it is pretty sad, especially for anyone who knows and loves the character Revan.


No comments:

Post a Comment